Piano Piece

Don standing by a grand piano on the top floor lounge of Pan Pacific Hotel
Photo by assistant L.


"What would you like to hear?" Wu asks behind me, "piano pieces!" without thinking I reply. Satie's piano flows in the air, and then it brings me back...


1989, I worked with Donna, a Dutch ballet teacher at the American School that time, shooting for her students' performances regularly.

One day, to my surprise! Donna told me that she would be starting off an Avant-garde group if I was in, aside from her classic ballet coaching classes. I had readily agreed because I only thought about expending my fields of photography. It turned out to be for stupefied me to go on stage, as a lead performer, instead of hiding behind the cameras!

Thanks to Donna's excellent training, also introducing me to Satie's music. First heard of Erik Satie's giving me an unnamed quirky feeling. Then I became growing to like his pieces during the rehearsals.




From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Éric Alfred Leslie Satie (French: [eʁik sati]) (signed his name Erik Satie after 1884) (17 May 1866 – 1 July 1925) was a French composer and pianist. Satie was a colourful figure in the early 20th century Parisian avant-garde. His work was a precursor to later artistic movements such as minimalism, repetitive music, and the Theatre of the Absurd.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steinau an der Straße 8/8

Wonderful World

Most Vermicelli Rice Noodles Not Rice at all

Setbacks

War Frenzy 1/3