Hawaii-Los Angeles Alumni

7/27/1990




This picture above once served as one of my international business cards, the blank would be filled in the particular (local) cell phone number according to which country I was using


Over the hearty dining table in a fancy restaurant with my friends.

The guys. One Caucasian and one Asian, S. and W. both were my male gourmet hangout folks. Later came joining in, A. was my second met beautiful Asian female friend all the way from Europe. We were catching up full of laughter while enjoyed the fine food. I just came to realize that W. and A. had been classmates 6 years at an elementary school in Hawaii. How neat! First time to know how they tied up together. They both still having their own families in Taipei at that time. I reasoned out they both were originating from Taiwan, maybe. Furthermore, to my surprise, A. and W. had happened to be at the same high school by coincidence, again, as classmates in Los Angeles for another 6 years. Until A. had gone to Japan while W. had chosen to head for another city in US pursuing their own BA degrees separately. No wonder, A. was the first and the only one in the US W. had handpicked to come out (his sexual orientation) to! By the time we met for the dinner tonight, A. was currently in Germany for her master's degrees.

Contrary to popular belief, A. and W. did not favor Hawaii at all. After they both spend most of their childhoods there. I personally had not yet gone to Hawaii until 4 years after this dinner party. "It is simply just too touristy," W. finally let out after long pause. I turned to A. for answers, and asked "Is it because you lived there?" She just smiled at me, did not confirm or deny.

Many questions were still popping up in my mind. Why? Why? Why?

I would do whatever it takes to never refuse any assignments to travel to Hawaii. I said to myself.




for my views on Hawaii below, 

Hawaiian Delight





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steinau an der Straße 8/8

Wonderful World

Most Vermicelli Rice Noodles Not Rice at all

Setbacks

War Frenzy 1/3