New Zealand, 1993



At 19:45, local time


June, 1993.

Got a cell phone call from my colleague of one of my Japanese clients. Which is very unusual for him to call me (first time after 18:00) this late. He asked "Which country are you at now, Don? When are you available to work? Are you interested in flying to New Zealand to shoot?". I replied "Yes, I would love to. I have about 14 days' free from now.", of course, "When? How long?". My friendly coworker said "Great! How about tomorrow's flight? A week's work. How about that?".

Since when, I became a FedEx overnight international item? I answered "Sounds so nice, but tomorrow will be my first day free for a long time...". He continued, "Well, how about the day after tomorrow? Let me pass your cell phone number to the New Zealand end to call you in a couple minutes for details, okay?"



1993年 六月 傍晚 19:45


一個日本客戶 的同事打了我的手機電話 很不尋常地 他從來不曾這麼晚 (第一次 在18:00以後) 打我的手機 他詢問 “Don 你在現是在哪個國家? 你幾時有空可以工作? 你是否是對飛行到紐西蘭拍照感到興趣嗎?” 我答覆 “是 我很希望去 我從現在起大約有14天的空檔” 我當然很願意去紐西蘭 “何時飛? 多久?” 我的朋友說 “太棒了! 搭明天的班機出發 怎樣? 一個星期的工作 如何?”

當我是【隔夜送達】的越洋快遞喔? 我回答 “聽起來很不錯 但是明天是我好久以來的第一天假期...” 他繼續 “那麼 後天好了! 讓我把你的手機號碼轉交給紐西蘭那頭 幾分鐘後讓對方打給你 由他們來告訴你有關細節 OK?”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steinau an der Straße 8/8

Wonderful World

Most Vermicelli Rice Noodles Not Rice at all

Setbacks

War Frenzy 1/3