To See is to Believe

(Don't get discouraged by my aquaphobic looks, please!)
Photo by assistant 189 Rake*


I had never seen the starfish with my own eyes before


Mumbled the punting old man using ambiguous English and pointed out. Directed wanting me to look through the seabed. Overall! Everywhere! To my surprise, the old man took a plunge into the limpid salty sea. He brought back a couple huge starfishes for me. Felt so strange holding them in my hands. I thought they were mushy kind of animals.



*Caption:
Caohagen island (also known as Shiseido Island in the local Chinese-Filipino community) offshore. As the boatman delimited the dugout canoe out into the open sea even under choppy conditions without my safety jacket on. Look at my face, I was terrified while my assistant Rake sat face-to-face and took this snap picture. He is a good swimmer, I do not care. I am merely a cat but have the Aquaphobia, too. See, my hip is even wider than the canoe itself! Not to mention those packs of expensive photo gear stacked jamming between us. I wanted to shout out loud, "Do we really have to do it this way to get the job done?"




More eye-catching pictures at,

Starfish in My Hands



Comments

  1. Hello,

    I hope you don't mind me messaging you. My name is Charlie and I am a Researcher at a UK based television production company called Betty. I am working on a brand new series with Bear Grylls for Discovery International which will follow Bear and several unlikely survival companions overcome huge hurdles in the wild and try to conquer their fear or phobias head on, So I am currently looking for people who suffer from aquaphobia and I wondered if this is something you may be interested in as I noticed you mentioned you were aquaphobic in one of your comments.

    Unlike Bear’s solo adventures, this series explores the dynamics between Bear and his travel companions, and the challenges they have to endure together. Each episode will aim to achieve the impossible, and hopefully change someone’s life for the better through determination and courage.

    Therefore if this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then it would be great to hear from you, you can email me at charlotte.critchfield@betty.co.uk

    Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,
    Best,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlie,

      Oh, not at all! In fact, I am thrilled to get your note, and to have TV production team interested in my blog entries. I do have a handful of anxieties and phobias. Should I say you have asked the right person? I could not possibly imagine how world travel and phobias combined in a TV series like? I would like to know more details of how it works? What's involved? Thank you in advance.

      Best,
      Don Schumann

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Steinau an der Straße 8/8

Wonderful World

Most Vermicelli Rice Noodles Not Rice at all

Setbacks

War Frenzy 1/3