My Days in San Francisco 1/?

Los Angeles, 1996




My Days in San Francisco - Prelude




In Los Angeles, "Don, do you know H is in San Francisco Now?" W asked me. Much to my surprise, I did not hear from her almost 3 years then. "Really? Did not H go back to Chicago 2 and a half years ago? How is she doing there in San Francisco?" W continued, "Well she is doing quite well up there. Not only carrying out her dreams of being a good dancer and having a management job in a trading company.... Also, teaching at University of California, Berkeley at the same time." Almost too overwhelming, "Whoa!.." with my jaw dropped open by hearing her remarks of H's astonishing updates in San Francisco.

Up to then, San Francisco to me was just an international transit hub for Los Angeles connecting to Asia Pacific and some other foreign destinations. Even I had some relatives lived there and heard so much about Bay Area (from them at the yearly family gatherings) since I was a kid. I had never walked out of its terminals, never stopped over at this city, either.









You might enjoy the following posts:

Always Expatriate

My Days in San Francisco - Set Forward





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steinau an der Straße 8/8

Wonderful World

Most Vermicelli Rice Noodles Not Rice at all

Setbacks

War Frenzy 1/3